Wednesday, June 04, 2008

SummaTime and the Living Is Easy......

It is June 4 and I am soooo enjoying the summer.

David is taking classes at MUW; Lydia is working at the Marbleworks and Jared at the W; Kaite is in London; Marianna is working at Governor's School.

Whoa! I am not working outside the home...I am working, with Lydia and RealSimple, at home. Some people have a personal trainer for getting in shape; I have a personal home/decor organizer for getting my house in shape. Am I blessed, or what?

I should have taken before pictures in the bedroom; I will do before and after pictures of the other rooms as we get to them.

After more years than I can count of benign neglect, this house is going to get organized. We have made some improvements over the years; Marianna pulled up carpet in the dining room and laid down new flooring from the foyer to the utility room. She also painted and decorated our bedroom and painted the bath and the kitchen. Jared and Lydia repainted the guest room.

However, after 3 summers of graduate school and then last summer with Grandma's death and Lydia's wedding, it has been awhile, if ever, since I have concentrated on super cleaning and organizing the house. It might have been since I was nesting....and the last nesting was 18 years ago...Whoa...I have just been treading, barely keeping my head above water, where housekeeping is concerned....

Give me a 20 page research paper any day; I really am not gifted in this area!! I am so thankful that I have a daughter who is, and who is willing to help us.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lydia said...

time to update mom. :D

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home